Although the kitchen is deemed the essential room in the house, the living room comes in at a close second! It's where life happens, where you spend lazing evenings and is one of the first spaces you see upon entering your home.
Don't you want it to look luxurious?
Fortunately, you don't have to spend an excessive amount of cash to make it look like you spent a lot of money. In some cases, you won't need to spend a thing!
Here are ten sneaky tricks to make your living room look expensive:
- A Large Rug: You can find large rugs for reasonable prices. Not only will it make your living room look more expensive, but it'll also make it feel cozier.
- Floor-to-Ceiling Curtains: Tall curtains make any living room look instantly more luxurious – they're elegant and sophisticated while also blocking out light and providing privacy.
- Add some greenery: Plants add life to any room and can make a space pop. Fake plants are always an option if you don't have a green thumb!
- Metallic Accents: Metallic accents can make a living room look luxurious. Use gold or silver vases, trays, or picture frames to add a touch of glamour.
- Display your books: Books add sophistication and intelligence to any space. Make sure they're neatly displayed on shelves or in baskets to avoid looking cluttered.
- Invest in textiles: Textiles are vital in making a living room look expensive. Throw blankets, pillows and cushions should be made of high-quality materials like wool, silk, or linen.
- Paint walls and trim the same color: This small change can make a big difference. When walls and trim are the same color, it creates the illusion of taller ceilings and more space.
- Invest in lighting: Lighting is essential in any room – it can set the tone and brighten a space. Choose lamps or light fixtures that fit your style, and add some dimmer switches to create a warm, inviting ambiance.
- Incorporate texture: Incorporate different textures throughout your living room to add interest and depth. Use velvet, leather, fur, or wool rugs to add a touch of luxury.
- Scour thrift stores: You can find some hidden gems at thrift stores – all it takes is a little digging. Look for vintage pieces or refurbish old furniture to give your living room an expensive makeover.
These are just a few ways you can make your living room look more expensive without breaking the bank. So go forth and give your living room the luxury treatment it deserves!
For more information on making your home look expensive to sell your home for more money, contact Tim Anderson with Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate BloomTree Realty at 928-308-9595.