Not everyone can afford a master bath with twin sinks, a palatial tub, and a luxury dual-headed shower. Some of us (well, most of us!) have to contend with reality. Reality means compromises, and sometimes, that compromise means a small bathroom.
But just because a bathroom is small doesn't mean it has to feel small. Adjusting design choices can transform many small bathrooms into larger-feeling spaces.
Here are some design tips for your small bathroom that don't involve significant renovations. Instead, these tips focus on maximizing the space you have.
- Use Light Colors: Light colors are essential for making a small room feel bigger. Dark colors absorb light and make spaces feel smaller than they are. On the other hand, light colors reflect natural and artificial light sources, making a room appear more spacious.
- Elevate Shelving: Consider installing shelving above the toilet or on any available wall space to maximize space. This will free up valuable floor space and provide storage for toiletries and other bathroom essentials.
- Towel Racks on the Back of Your Door: Instead of using valuable wall space for a towel rack, consider installing one on the back of your bathroom door. This will keep towels within reach without taking up any extra space.
- Pedestal Sink: A pedestal sink is an excellent option for a small bathroom. It takes up less space than a traditional vanity, giving the illusion of more space in the room.
- Recess Lighting: Adding recessed lighting to a small bathroom can make a significant difference. Unlike traditional light fixtures that protrude from the ceiling, recessed lights provide more overhead space and increase the room's light.
- Add a Large Mirror: Mirrors are known for creating an illusion of spaciousness in small rooms. By strategically placing a large mirror in your bathroom, you can reflect natural and artificial light sources, making the room feel bigger and brighter. Consider placing multiple mirrors in your bathroom to increase the effect.
Look on the bright side: a small bathroom means less to clean! If these design tips aren't enough to open up your small bathroom, perhaps it's time to upgrade to that bathroom of your dreams . . . let us help you find your next home today! Contact us at (928) 308-9595, we will put our years of experience to work for you!