Making a house on the market shine is all about attention to detail. If you go the extra mile to ensure your home is a stand-out, you’ll probably go beyond the typical touch-ups that refresh curb appeal. You might even decide to stage your home, especially if you’re not living in it while it’s for sale.
One “room” you don’t want to forget when you stage? Your garage! It may be an often-neglected area, but it can significantly make your home stand out to buyers. Here are seven tips for staging your garage:
- Clear the Clutter and Deep Clean: Start removing everything from the garage and cleaning up any accumulated dirt or dust.
- Enhance the Floors: Applying a fresh coat of epoxy paint to the floors will give your garage a polished look that will catch buyers’ eyes.
- Organize the Remaining Items: Once the floor is done, you can start arranging the remaining items. Invest in a few solid shelves and hanging racks to store items neatly.
- Maximize Storage Space: Use wall space by adding storage hooks to hang tools, bicycles, and other items off the ground. Provided your garage isn’t low-ceilinged or particularly tight, shelving and hanging racks can show your buyers how much room they’ll have to keep extra tools, seasonal decorations, or sports equipment handy.
- Freshen It Up: A coat of paint on the walls and ceiling can brighten the entire space. Opt for a bright, neutral color that will be versatile for every buyer.
- Light it Up: Consider adding a few overhead lights in your garage to enhance the feeling of brightness and spaciousness.
- Check the garage door: Finally, make sure that the garage door itself is in good working order. Buyers will be aware if it’s not closing correctly or not providing enough insulation from the elements. In addition to functioning properly, give it a good clean. The garage door is one of the first things buyers will see when they drive up, so make sure it looks beautiful and polished.
These seven tips can help you give your garage a makeover that’ll wow potential buyers—and maybe even win over people who overlooked your home before! With staging, you can provide buyers with a real sense of what it would be like to live in the space, which can go a long way in making your home stand out. Good luck!
Want to make your house stand-out in the Prescott area real estate market? I’m happy to share all the tips and tricks I have to give your home an edge. Let's Connect! (928) 308-9595